COVID-19 Information and Precautions
We are now open for visitation. Please contact us to learn more about our schedule and availability.
We continue to take cautionary measures and follow CDC guidelines. We are also receiving information from state and local officials. Please review this information and see the precautions we are taking to protect against COVID-19.
Fulton Manor is screening all employees upon the start of shift and middle of shift for any symptoms of respiratory infection
- Shortness of breath
The measures we are taking include:
- Clear and constant communication with staff, residents, and families
- Daily meetings with all supervisor
- Posting signs and reminders at the facility
Protection of our residents includes:
- All Doctor appointments in March and April have been moved for later dates all primary care physicians are doing telemedicine with all residents
- All residents are monitored for signs and symptoms daily and for cause
- Separating residents who show respiratory symptoms away from others
- Having activities that allow residents to maintain safe distances from others
- Allowing for in-room dining to reduce the risk of spreading disease
- Increasing cleaning in all areas of the facility (therapy rehabilitation area, dining area, activity area, lobby area, etc.) Kitchen, resident rooms and bathrooms
- Encouraging family and friends to reach out socially (phone call, video conferencing) to residents to help with feelings of loneliness and isolation during this time
Protection of our workforce includes:
- Fulton Manor has been locked down to all visitors and venders since March 13, 2020
- Sick leave policies are non-punitive and flexible
- Encouraging sick employees to stay home and call in replacement staff
- Training and ensuring proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Verifying an inventory of PPE
We appreciate the confidence and trust you have in us to care for family members. We will keep you informed as we navigate the ongoing situation.